Best Treatment For Heart Surgeries for
Older Patients , In Jaipur
Elderly patients, compared with patients of a younger age group, present for surgery with a greater burden of risk factors and reduced functional levels.. We bring together all of the healthcare professionals needed to care for elderly patients, who often have other medical conditions that need to be addressed. Because we care and treat so many different types of cardiovascular diseases and disorders, you can see all of the members of their team in one convenient location. Moreover, your team members communicate regularly with each other to ensure everyone is up-to-date on your care.
Best Cardiac Surgeon in Jaipur
Open Heart Surgery Procedure
Open heart procedure may take from three to six hours and usually follows the basic steps:
- General anaesthesia is given to the patient to ensure they feel no pain throughout the whole surgery.
- An incision of 8- to 10-inch is made in the chest.
- The incision is made through all or part of the breastbone to get direct access to the heart.
- A heart-lung bypass machine is connected to the patient once the heart is accessible. This machine helps to move blood away from the heart which is needed for open heart surgery. However, not in all cases, they use this machine. Now almost 98% of the bypass surgeries are done off pump
- To make a new passage around the blocked artery, the surgeon uses a healthy vein or artery in that place.
- Once done, the surgeon closes the breastbone by leaving the stitch-wire inside the body.
- Finally, they stitch the original cut.
Why Choose Us
- Experience and expertise. Dr.Lalitaditya Malik is well experienced in diagnosing and treating common, complex, and rare vascular diseases. He developed and use new, minimally invasive endovascular procedures.
- Our Team has the highest level of proficiency in performing Bypass surgery with a success rate of international standards.
- Our patients receive the best available Cardiac Care,
we’re here to all your questions
Manipal Hospitals maintains its leadership position in cardiovascular medicine by providing high-quality patient care and the latest and best surgical options – including minimally invasive heart surgery.
Cardiac surgery can be performed in patients 85 years and older with good results. There is an associated prolonged hospital stay for elderly patients. Consistent successful outcomes can be expected in this patient population with selective criteria identifying risk factors.
You may not be a good candidate if you have a: Pre-existing condition including an aneurysm, heart valve disease, or blood disease. Serious physical disability including an inability to care for yourself.
the survival rate for bypass patients who make it through the first month after the operation is close to that of the population in general. But 8-10 years after a heart bypass operation, mortality increases by 60-80 per cent.